Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Japan was done the best in the world cup, Asia proud. as far as defeat is concerned by Paraguay.

Japan was done the best in the world cup, Asia proud. as far as defeat is concerned by Paraguay. However their done the best, I proud of you Japan team, my favorite country.


Paraguay-Japan: Quotes
Gerardo Martino, Paraguay coach
It was a very tight game, though I think we had a slight edge on our opponents. We showed more heart than football and, in a game like this, that's enough. Other teams need to play more football to win. That said, we’re not going to understate the value of being among the top eight teams in the world. Why did I shout? I was just blowing off steam. There’s a lot of tension and anxiety and you suffer because the players are putting in so much effort. The Japanese also worked really hard but luck was on our side. We’ve taken another step forward, but we’ve not achieved our goals yet. Let’s hope we can recover quickly and keep making history.

Takeshi Okada, Japan coach
Everything we’ve done during the tournament makes me feel really happy. This team has done Japan and all Asia proud. But, as far as today’s defeat is concerned, I accept all the responsibility. As team coach I feel as we should have done more. [Keisuke] Honda was very isolated and that was my fault. If you want to win you have to score goals.


Oscar Cardozo, Paraguay striker
It was a very difficult game because Japan have good players. We had plenty of the ball and we managed to keep a clean sheet, but we lacked a cutting edge. In the penalty shoot-out we had a slice of luck. We dedicate this victory to the whole of Paraguay; we’ve made history by qualifying.

Makoto Hasebe, Japan captain and midfielder
It’s a shame we’ve lost a game like this, because we worked really hard to reach the last 16 and we were on the verge of making history. Despite the defeat, we’ve shown the world just what Japanese football is about. Of course I’m disappointed about the result but I’m very proud of our team, which stuck together in the face of every challenge.

Lucas Barrios, Paraguay striker
To be fair we tried to play football for the whole 120 minutes, but we couldn’t find the net. What’s left at the end of the game, however, is a huge sense of joy for making the next round. It’s really pleasing to be able to make history with this squad. The team’s doing really well, we’re very united and we can go further.

Kengo Nakamura, Japan midfielder
This was my first game at a World Cup and I can only be grateful for the opportunity. I’m sorry if I failed in my mission to help my team win the match. This experience is very important for my future development, and will no doubt prove very valuable when we go to the next World Cup in four years’ time.

No comments:

Post a Comment