jackisback
06-03 04:22 PM
I am not sure. That is why I am asking for inputs if someone has done this.
Is it required for an AC-21 case or optional?
Is it required for an AC-21 case or optional?
vedicman
05-07 08:56 AM
Yes! The comprehensive Immigration Bill is the best remedy not just address the issues facing the Arizona Law or any other state that wants to follow the footsteps ............ but for us too. There has been no legislation for employment based immigrants for many years now, and we are stuck in impossible situations - Yes CIR is a way for us too!

ssd213
02-25 04:53 PM
Bear in mind the following
You dont need to pay any tax in India for money that you withdraw from your 401k for only upto two years after you return back to india. (your are no longer a nri and the 2 years is the buffer)
For any money you withdraw after 2 years, you need to tay tax in US (which shouldnt be a lot if you withdraw little by little and you being non-resident of usa) and also pay tax in india (which could be quite a bit)
You dont need to pay any tax in India for money that you withdraw from your 401k for only upto two years after you return back to india. (your are no longer a nri and the 2 years is the buffer)
For any money you withdraw after 2 years, you need to tay tax in US (which shouldnt be a lot if you withdraw little by little and you being non-resident of usa) and also pay tax in india (which could be quite a bit)
GCard_Dream
04-09 01:12 PM
Hasn't he given many speeches like this before as well? I mean he has been giving speeches on immigration since 2004 yet nothing has happened so far. He addressed it on State of the Union speech, prime-time speech from the oval office, and countless other occasions but what has been the end result - NOTHING. I wouldn't keep my hopes very high just because Bush said so. It’s all up to the congress now.
more...
mtsaha
08-09 01:16 PM
You can leave it as blank, you will getting the A# with the 485 receipt ...
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Also by any chance is "alien receipt number" same as the A# that appears
in my old OPT-EAD? If yes then perhaps I can use that? I know that
"A#" is called "alien registration number".
Thanks, Mtsaha
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Also by any chance is "alien receipt number" same as the A# that appears
in my old OPT-EAD? If yes then perhaps I can use that? I know that
"A#" is called "alien registration number".
Thanks, Mtsaha
snathan
04-13 01:29 PM
Hello IV Freinds,
I checked my mail last Saturday, got Cards and welcome approval notices in mail. Status at USCIS website still shows all cases pending. I had called my Senators office for follow up week before as processing dates also had also passed.
I appreciate IV for providing this website for sharing our immigration issues and concerns in this long journey.
Good luck to all IV members who are still awaiting for good day to come.
Thanks,
Conguratulations...do you consider to donate anything to IV...
I checked my mail last Saturday, got Cards and welcome approval notices in mail. Status at USCIS website still shows all cases pending. I had called my Senators office for follow up week before as processing dates also had also passed.
I appreciate IV for providing this website for sharing our immigration issues and concerns in this long journey.
Good luck to all IV members who are still awaiting for good day to come.
Thanks,
Conguratulations...do you consider to donate anything to IV...
more...
kaisersose
07-18 03:26 PM
1. Can we use AC21 provision without EAD card ?
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
1. Can we use AC21 provision without EAD card ?
Answer: Sure, you can. In fact, that is the advised approach. Do not fall back on EAD unless absolutely necessary.
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
Yes, If you wish to work on EAD then you need to have it by Jan 2008. Unless the interim EAD option is bought back, I doubt if any July filer will have an EAD by January 2008. I would suggest you be prepared to extend your H-1b.
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
Answer: Yes. You can do it yourself, but you will need evidence to show that a 485 has been applied.
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
1. Can we use AC21 provision without EAD card ?
Answer: Sure, you can. In fact, that is the advised approach. Do not fall back on EAD unless absolutely necessary.
2. My H1 expires in Jan 2008. Do I need to have EAD card before that ?
Yes, If you wish to work on EAD then you need to have it by Jan 2008. Unless the interim EAD option is bought back, I doubt if any July filer will have an EAD by January 2008. I would suggest you be prepared to extend your H-1b.
3. Can we apply for EAD later, after you have filed 485 and AP? If so do we need any reciept of 485 application?
Answer: Yes. You can do it yourself, but you will need evidence to show that a 485 has been applied.

belmontboy
08-14 09:33 PM
From the link, it appears that the talk here is about filing I-485 even when priority date is not current. That's different from before. Having said that, we'll see when it happens and if anything happens.
Please read properly
from the link:
This proposed rule is intended to streamline adjustment application processing by utilizing a two-step process in which registration packets can be pre-screened for documentary evidence, security checks can be initiated and completed, and pending visa demand can be adequately conveyed to DOS. The DOS will then adjust its Visa Bulletin accordingly and applicants may then proceed forward with filing their I-485s based on visa availability as reflected in the monthly Visa Bulletin.
Please read properly
from the link:
This proposed rule is intended to streamline adjustment application processing by utilizing a two-step process in which registration packets can be pre-screened for documentary evidence, security checks can be initiated and completed, and pending visa demand can be adequately conveyed to DOS. The DOS will then adjust its Visa Bulletin accordingly and applicants may then proceed forward with filing their I-485s based on visa availability as reflected in the monthly Visa Bulletin.
more...

pd_recapturing
08-03 05:07 PM
What is that thing called as interfiling ? I guess, you need to file an amendment saying that instead of using that labor, use this labor. Somebody explained this process in some other forum. Here is the link:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5482
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5482
amar123
07-19 04:02 AM
Hi All,
I have a question regarding the status check of the 485 process. Does USCIS change the Updated date (maybe a soft LUD) before approval/completion of processing of 485 on the Case Status.
I know its a yes/no/maybe not always kinda answer but I wanted to check with those who already had approved 485s if they had noticed updates before the Approval. If yes, what is the usual timeframe after the update when the approval has been noticed.
I am sure, like me :) you must have kept checking the Case Status page like crazy once the dates were current so, please respond and I am sure many will benefit from your responses.
I am sure, many of you who are still waiting like me,already have friends who went thru this process, so, even your inputs are welcome.
Thanks,
Amar.
I have a question regarding the status check of the 485 process. Does USCIS change the Updated date (maybe a soft LUD) before approval/completion of processing of 485 on the Case Status.
I know its a yes/no/maybe not always kinda answer but I wanted to check with those who already had approved 485s if they had noticed updates before the Approval. If yes, what is the usual timeframe after the update when the approval has been noticed.
I am sure, like me :) you must have kept checking the Case Status page like crazy once the dates were current so, please respond and I am sure many will benefit from your responses.
I am sure, many of you who are still waiting like me,already have friends who went thru this process, so, even your inputs are welcome.
Thanks,
Amar.
more...
gcmaya
10-30 09:59 AM
Thanks!
wandmaker
02-12 06:44 PM
Hi , is the limit for 240 days only or TILL we get the approval ?. What do we need to after 240 days ?. Thanks.
You can work upto 240 days after your H1 expiry date while your H1B is pending. To continue working from 241st day, you would need EAD otherwise stop working until the decision is made on H1B.
You can work upto 240 days after your H1 expiry date while your H1B is pending. To continue working from 241st day, you would need EAD otherwise stop working until the decision is made on H1B.
more...

ashoka
09-25 12:38 PM
How do I see or get LUD for I140 ? Mine was approved in DEC, 2006. Applied 485 in August 2nd week. Will I also get LUD?
gc_chahiye
07-13 10:48 AM
What about ... "Allow 485 apps based on original July bulletin(accept July filers only)"
yeah. also, allow EAD+AP if I140 is approved, but dont allow 485 filing.
yeah. also, allow EAD+AP if I140 is approved, but dont allow 485 filing.
more...
The7zen
03-24 06:00 PM
Since you have created this thread in Ask an attorney, I have say this.....
I am not an attorney...its better to contact a good immigration lawyer to discuss your options.
I am not an attorney...its better to contact a good immigration lawyer to discuss your options.
mrajatish
03-25 12:06 PM
Finally, someone who thinks long-term. That is why I had mentioned that we need to go beyond our immediate benefits and think longterm.
Also, people with Masters in Computer Science are also eligible, so for the many nay sayers, grunt IT work is not interesting to US govt., but there is still a lot of innovation going on in core Computer Science.
Also, people with Masters in Computer Science are also eligible, so for the many nay sayers, grunt IT work is not interesting to US govt., but there is still a lot of innovation going on in core Computer Science.
more...
solaris27
03-06 08:14 AM
Congratulations

voldemar
12-31 02:30 PM
If your wife wants to work, then, of course, both of you have to be on EAD.That's not correct. Primary applicant could be on H1 and dependent use EAD. When dependent starts using EAD it doesn't affect primary applicant.
zimmyneuro
06-23 07:13 AM
Thank you for all support.
best, zimmyneuro
best, zimmyneuro
nikh
11-14 03:13 PM
Did you get automatic email update. or you just checked by log in to USCIS portfolio.
I saw two lud on my i-485(yesterday and today) What does that mean?
I have completed my biometrics, received EAD and approval notice for AP has been sent.
Can somebody clarify on this please??
I saw two lud on my i-485(yesterday and today) What does that mean?
I have completed my biometrics, received EAD and approval notice for AP has been sent.
Can somebody clarify on this please??
jonty_11
07-17 10:56 AM
Guys please do not think of this site as one from Rajiv Khanna (immiportal) or other Chat forums...this is a grassroots organization that consists of people like you and me who are devoting their time to work for the EB community causes.
Do not let their efforts go to waste due to lack of funds. Contribute.
Do not let their efforts go to waste due to lack of funds. Contribute.
No comments:
Post a Comment